18 Rec are looking for Permanent Contracts Managersfor our client who are a leading property business, renowned for providing excellent customer service to the communities they serve, and a vital part of this is how we engage with residents.
Our clients Responsive Repairs division deliver critical repairs and maintenance works to residential properties in partnership with a number of housing associations across London and the South, and they are currently looking for a Contracts Manager to ensure the successful management and delivery of these works.
This is a great opportunity for somebody with a strong background in responsive repairs, maintenance and voids management to join a thriving business, based out of our clients busy Portsmouth office.
As Contracts Manager you will ensure programme requirements are met in line with business objectives and client and customer aspirations and expectations. This is a fast-paced role which requires excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and will involve:
· Managing contracts to achieve targets in respect of safety, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
· Managing people, sub-contractors and processes to ensure that responsive repairs, voids and any other works are controlled and delivered within the time frames required and that they meet the minimum standard set by the Clients KPI’s.
· Ensuring an excellent customer experience at all times.
Due to the nature of this role, they need somebody who can think on their feet and who thrives in a fast-paced and busy environment. The successful applicant to this role will have demonstrable experience of delivering multiple contracts across a variety of geographical locations, in addition to the following:
· Minimum relevant Level 6 qualification (NVQ) and/or relevant membership of professional body (MCIOB/MICE) and /or construction related degree
· Appropriate CSCS card, ideally in addition to SMSTS certificate
· Experience and knowledge of Quality Management systems and processes
· Ability to plan and coordinate effective resource allocation including supply chain, staff, directly employed operatives etc.
· Ability to lead large high performing multiple disciplined teams to ensure high standards of safety, excellent service delivery and sound financial outcomes
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook
· Valid driving licence
If you want to join a growing business where you will contribute to the successful delivery of essential repairs to customers living in their own homes, you want to join a supportive team in a high-achieving culture and you relish a challenge, this is the role for you. Apply now for immediate interview.